The day is just getting started and in case I had forgotten, my husband was quick to remind me that today is the day! Opening day of college football is here and it will be one of the best open day match ups in the history of the sport. In the spirit of college football, a tasty dip with all real ingredients sounds pretty good to me... Enjoy!
Bacon, beef & cheese... I mean can you really go wrong with those first 3 ingredients?
This dip starts out in a skillet and moves to a slow cooker which makes it a perfect appetizer
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 20 mins
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced tomatoes with green chile (Rotel can be your short cut: 10 oz can)
- Brown the meat until done, drain
- Cook bacon, crumble
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, tomatoes (with juices) and bacon bits, reserving 2 Tbsp for later.
- Cook while stirring until cheeses are melted and all is combined.
- Pour into a slow cooker, cover and cook on low 2 hours, stirring once in a while.
- Just before serving, top with remaining bacon bits.
- dipping items like chips or crackers
Recipe inspired by Mandy